Friday, October 06, 2006

Like Mel Gibson's shoulder....

...this will be disjointed. Ah, Mel, how manly and tortured you were in Lethal Weapon! If only you had stayed an action hero/ Shakespeare dabbler and not gone towards the Light of the Lord in such a ferverent way.

My dinosaur of a desktop finally went extinct - at a spectacularly bad time, of course - so I finally got my wish... This is is coming to you from the shady green haven of my patio where I'm lounging with my new laptop! I am so in love.

I'm also in love with singer/ violinist/ professional whistler Andrew Bird. I got his latest album almost a year ago and even now I'm waking up singing his songs. It is now my mission to spread the word to the rest of the world.

I went out looking for blennies today with no luck - they might have been there but I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, much less their little feathery heads. I'm doing the TIP class this weekend so maybe some of the 20 kids I'll be shepherding will find a few. (Yes, I know we won't be collecting anywhere near their normal rocky habitat but I have to keep the dream alive somehow) At this rate I'll never graduate.

John Cameron Mitchell (the man behind the wig of Hedwig) has another movie coming out - Shortbus. I'm hoping that Burns Court will show it but the non-simualted sex might throw Sarasotians off. Maybe those of you up in Gainesville will get it at the Hippodrome.

We've got two cuttlefish in the lab now. They are pretty tame - though it wouldn't be a good idea to let them take food directly out of your hand, they come right up at the first swish of a shrimp in the water and snag it as soon as you drop it. I'm trying very hard not to get too attached to them yet but it's hard to resist their flashy charm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home